A vacation in the Salt Lake City area wouldn’t be complete without a visit to Utah Olympic Park. Built for the 2002 Winter Olympic Games, the Utah Olympic Park hosted 77 nations and 2,500 Olympians. Today it not only serves as a training center for Olympic-level events and aspiring athletes, but it’s also a popular tourist destination. After soaking up some sun on the lake with Jordanelle Rentals & Marina, make the 20- minute trip up to the Olympic Park, and spend the day exploring the place where dreams came true in 2002. Contact us for more information on boating and marina services at (435) 615-7397.
Located 28 miles east of Salt Lake City in Park City, Utah, the Olympic Park is open year-round with public activities for visitors. Take a lesson from certified instructors and learn a new sport, or enroll in a development program and improve your athletic skills. Here are some of the activities open to the public:
- Comet Bobsled Rides: Reach speeds up to 80 mph, skid through 15 turns, and experience what up to five G’s of force feels like on this incredible ride.
- Extreme & Freestyle Ziplines: Want to know what it feels like to fly through the air like a Nordic ski jumper? Take flight on one of the steepest zip lines in the world.
- Watch future Olympians in training: Get the chance to see up-and-coming athletes work towards achieving their Olympic goals.
- Adventure Courses and Drop Tower: With three levels of courses available, these obstacle courses are a fun way to test your abilities.
- Rocket Skeleton Ride: For a thrilling experience, learn how to drive a skeleton sled that can reach speeds up to 50 mph.
If you’d prefer to keep your feet on the ground, the Alf Engen Ski Museum and George S. and Dolores Dore Eccles 2002 Olympic Winter Games Museum are open every day. Discover the highlights of the 2002 Winter Games through the interactive displays and artifacts. Daily tours are available upon request, and admission to the museums is free.
Reserve Online Now!
As an important part of the state’s history, the Utah Olympic Park is a must-see attraction when visiting Park City. While you’re in the area, be sure to check out Jordanelle Rentals at Jordanelle State Park for an action-packed vacation with a boat rental, jet ski rental, kayak rental, or paddle board rental. We also provide marina services and sell watersports equipment through our pro-shop. To book your boat or jet ski rental today, contact us at (435) 615-7397. Looking for other fun outdoor activities? Visit our affiliated snowmobile and ATV rental company — Lofty Peaks Adventures LLC.